Sunday, June 27, 2010

Discombobulated

So the switch to a mid week farm box pick up was successful. We seem to have recovered our weekends. The crowd is much smaller, so it is easy in, easy out, and quite friendly. However the menu plan has taken quite the hit, the change coinciding with the summer break was probably apt to derail the system anyway. So I am making a spicy green bean & mushroom stir fry with sushi rice for dinner Monday, and Burritos on Tuesday. Now that I think of it Burrito/Taco Night on Farm Box day is probably an excellent plan, easy prep, the ingredients are usually on hand and Vallarta is an easy stop in conjunction with Farm Box pick up. I'm making raw dog food on farm box day with the old veggies so definitely a easy meal is required.

Tonight was burgers with potato kabobs. I made a cannellini bean salad to have with pitas tomorrow for lunch and our favorite AB chocolate chip recipe is chilling in the fridge, "the chewy". I also have a sugar cookie recipe on deck to try, once I have inventoried the sprinkle situation