Saturday, February 20, 2010

What's for Dinner? 2/20-27

A helpful hint for my local farm box friends; often there is some extra produce, if you get to the pick up early you can score bonus veggies. Today's extras oranges, kiwi, and lettuce.

So last week all the adults in the household were felled by an nasty cold. Strangely we had different symptoms while being equally miserable. As mine seems to be settling nicely into an ear infection, because apparently inside my head I am two, I am suspicious that mine was just a sinus infection all along. Two more days 'til I call for antibiotics...yay! The kid healthy as a very annoying horse. We stayed on dinner plan unusually well for everyone feeling lousy. The only casualty was the scallops experiment that will have to happen over the weekend. Sick and cooking is no time to be adventurous.

Saturday
Blue Cheese Burgers
Sweet Potato Fries

Sunday
Seared Scallops with Tarragon Butter Sauce (Take two)
Spinach
Rice

Monday
Burritos

Tuesday
Leak & Cabbage Soup with Smoked Sausage

Wednesday
Meatloaf
Mashed Potatoes

Thursday
White Bean & Chard

Friday
Pizza (maybe I'll cook, maybe I'll order in) the Nerd Herd will be in effect.

1 comment:

  1. Nerd Herd! LOL! You are funny! Hope you are feeling better--I bet the extra vitamin C from the oranges will help! White Beans and Chard sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete