Friday, January 6, 2012

Menu Plan Revision

So life happened this week, as it does. Tuesday's dinner had to wait for Thursday, since we went to tour the local School of Rock for the kid. He is contemplating getting to know his guitar again. Well a 6:45 tour and meet potential new teacher equals dinner out, we were practically at the pub any way. Fish and Chips for me, yay!

Anyway there was a reshuffle of the menu and some additions, I really have to plan thru the weekend. It is just sooo far away when I'm sitting down with the cookbooks.

Midweek Review: Chicken with Potatoes, Bacon & Cabbage

This recipe feels a little like spinning plates, there is always something to going in, or coming out, or starting. Even when I cheat and by the pre-shredded cabbage. Nothing is hard, just busy.

Y loves this dish. I'm sure it is the vaguely german nature of the cabbage under the chicken, but it makes him happy. Kid likes it, with major exceptions. Only wants the potatoes that got crispy, and HATES the bed of cabbage. Full blown horrible face. I think this is a keeper but the kid has to make a salad so he can skip the cabbage, but it is not more work for me. I will post this one tomorrow since I don't want to lose it to some random magazine website redesign.

1 comment:

  1. I've got the visual of you spinning plates! Very good description! Meals like that make my tiny kitchen a disaster, but chicken on a bed of cabbage speaks to my German roots as well. Yum! Looking forward to your recipe!

    ReplyDelete