Thursday, January 19, 2012

This One is Less Food, More Whimsy

If you are here for the food, feel free to skip this one. Under simplifying, I think I'll stick with one blog for now, even if some entries or off topic.

I like movies, no I really do. In my pretentious teenage years we went to the movies, the big blockbusters, the art house indies, classic films, and foreign films with great regularity. I am not always kind hearted to the college town I grew up in, but two art house cinemas was one of its better qualities. When we were going to the movies we were renting them, not at my house, but with my friends. It was rarely part of my adult relationship, although if you asked us we both like movies. I suspect we like different movies, we definitely watch them differently at home. Plus now we are old (-ish), and unless we are going to the swanky theatre with reserved seats, and beat downs will be applied to talkers and texters, we get cranky with the experience.

With that history, I realize I am not doing something I really like...seeing movies. It isn't like I don't have the time. I really do, as long as the theatres are running early afternoon weekday shows. Which BONUS, cuts down on the talkers and other idiots. So not a resolution, more a challenge...I will see two movies a month in 2012. Now if I could just remember when we saw Muppet Movie so, I know if I am already good for one in January...hmm

1 comment:

  1. Now that is a new year's resolution I can get behind! I love going to the movies and savor the experience till the last of the credits have rolled.

    ReplyDelete